Monday, September 19, 2011

What lowered my husband's blood sugar

In less than a month, I have read a lot, enough to test and verify the natural remedies going around the web on naturally lowering the blood sugar. 

How we managed my husband's blood sugar is by observing the following:
  1. Apple Cider Vinegar - Yes, it works, believe me.  I tried this with my husband, making him drink 8 ounces of water mixed with one tablespoon of raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar before taking his breakfast and another one before going to bed.  The first time we tried it, his blood sugar drastically dropped almost thirty points. 
  2. Tomatoes - I watched an Asian medical TV program and the doctor said eating tomatoes help revive the pancreas and make it function properly.  I've mixed raw tomatoes in my husband's salad, so I can't exactly pinpoint the exact time this worked, but together with the others, I like to believe it does work.
  3. Bitter gourd or bitter melon - we were already happy when my husband's blood sugar went below 126, but the first day he took bitter gourd or bitter melon salad with his meals, it dropped to 85.  This is probably why my father kept eating this during his time.  We just didn't know how it improved his blood sugar.
  4. Cinnamon - yeah, my husband's also mixing cinnamon in his coffee and this may also helped normalizing his blood sugar.
  5. Exercise - before, my husband's exercise time was limited only in the morning after breakfast.  However, when we still couldn't lower the fasting blood sugar, I strongly advised him to walk the treadmill during evenings too, after dinner.  It vastly lowered his fasting blood sugar indeed.
  6. Avoid fats - I read somewhere that diabetics weren't supposed to eat anything fatty because the fat protects the carbohydrates and not allowing the body to use the same but just store it in the blood stream.  After my husband avoided anything fried and stuck with raw food or steamed and boiled foods, his blood sugar lowered.  He doesn't eat chicken anymore because chicken is still very oily, even if you just boil it.  When we gave up chicken, the numbers definitely lightened up.
So far, this is what we've done.  I'll add more to the list if we discover anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment