Monday, September 19, 2011

Fruits and dinner

I've read about those diabetic diet plans and how they suggest having a lot of servings of fruits, scattered over the day.  Before, I followed those meal plans, but it doesn't seem to do much to the blood sugar.  Yes, the number does decrease the count, but not to a normal level. 

Anyway, my hubby whom I will call 'Ace' from now on, recently stopped taking fruits with his meals during dinner and just took them either in the morning or as snacks.  He usually eats an apple.  However, last night, his RBS was really low at 58 that I was afraid the count would plunge further after he takes his oral medication after dinner.  So, I made him eat ripe mango, only half a cheek, just to put me to rest.

This morning, I thought he'd have normal blood sugar levels.  No.  Our FBS reads 135.  I think it's definitely the mango... plus the fact that he didn't take his usual apple cider vinegar for dinner. 

Lesson learned.  No more fruits during nighttime.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment